To order an Energy Performance Certificate or for a quotation, please fill the online enquiry form or contact us with your details.
Postcode areas currently covered are:
HA0 - HA9, NW2 - NW11, WD17 - WD19, WD23 - WD25 Price from £55.00
Home sellers, buyers, landlords & agents
Energy Performance Certificates
You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s) are required by law whenever a property is:
An EPC contains:
• information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
• recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.
Tenant’s energy efficiency improvements
From 1 April 2016 a tenant will be allowed to reasonably ask for a relevant energy efficiency improvement.
A relevant improvement will only be a reasonable if it–
• can be wholly financed, at no cost to the landlord, by means of funding provided by central government, a local authority or any other person,
• can be wholly funded by the tenant, or
• can be financed by a combination of those two arrangements. A request must be in writing and may be given by post.
When a landlord receives a request, a landlord will only be able to refuse consent on limited grounds. But, because a request is only “relevant” if it is of no cost to the landlord this shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
All content © Albert Harrison Domestic Energy Assessor Tel: 07976 632 515